2016 Opportunities Non-Life Insurance in China : The Chinese non-life insurance segment continued to grow at a healthy rate, largely unaffected by the on-going uncertainties surrounding the global economy. Allowing foreign insurers to write compulsory motor third-party liability insurance has provided an impetus for growth. However, large domestic insurers are anticipated to continue to dominate the segment over the forecast period (2012-2016) while smaller operators are projected to gradually increase their market share. Although the Chinese non-life insurance segment recorded rapid growth during the review period (2007-2011), it remains largely underpenetrated due to low levels of product awareness, weak penetration rates in rural areas and restrictions for foreign insurers.
- Although the Chinese non-life insurance market recorded rapid growth over the review period, it remains largely underpenetrated because of various limitations, including low product awareness, low penetration in rural areas and a lack of a robust distribution model.
- Of all the categories in the Chinese non-life insurance market, automobile insurance is the market leader, representing 71.8% of the market in 2011.
- Property insurance was the second-largest category in the non-life insurance market, accounting for 22.16% of the total non-life insurance written premium in 2011.
- Over the forecast period, growth in the non-life market will be driven by the development of the automobile industry and active property and real estate markets in underdeveloped Chinese provinces. These projects will require innovative, customized insurance products.
- The Chinese non-life insurance market is highly concentrated, with the top eight companies accounting for 88.5% of the total retained premiums in 2010. The share of domestic companies as compared to foreign companies has been high, and the top eight non-life companies in the Chinese insurance industry are domestic companies.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance market in China:
- It provides historical values for China's non-life insurance market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in China's non-life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in China
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in China for the non-life insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in China and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in China and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Chinese non-life insurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Chinese non-life insurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chinese insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future read moree
forecast market data, Chinese insurance market 2013-2016, non-life insurance products in China, life insurance market, Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects ,Chinese Property insurance market 2016, Chinese Fire and allied perils insurance 2016,Chinese Engineering insurance market 2016, Chinese Agriculture insurance 2016 Motor insurance market forecast 2016 Marine, aviation and transitmarket 2016